Partner | Barrister & Solicitor | Family Law Mediator
Carolyn Oien graduated with a Bachelor of Criminology in 1981 from Simon Fraser University and Bachelor of Law in 1988 from the University of Windsor. She completed her articles at another firm in Kamloops and was called to the Bar in 1990. Carolyn joined Epp Cates Oien as a partner in 2009.
Carolyn has dedicated her career to practicing family law. She comes with over 27 years of experience and has appeared before all levels of B.C. Courts. Carolyn serves as a family law mediator, arbitrator and litigator. Her client-centered approach focuses solely on finding realistic and personalized solutions for client problems.
When not in the office, Carolyn can be found out hiking in the local hills, reading, traveling and spending time with her family.
Call to the Bar: 1990
Preferred Areas of Practice:
- Family Law (Mediation and Arbitration)
- Member, Kamloops Family Bar
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Executive Member (Founding), Interior Women’s Law Forum
- Member, Collaborative Practice Group (Kamloops)
- Professor, Family Law at Thompson Rivers University Law School
- Co-Chair, Kamloops Collaborative Family Law Association